By Andrew and Rowena
Location: Petrie Plaza. off Bunda Street.
It came as a surprise to us to discover that The Fish Shack located in Petrie Plaza off Bunda Street offers a good selection of Vegan food. You can go for the authentic beer-battered Vegan fish and chips or you can opt for the healthier grilled version. Or, if you want to try both, you can ask for 3 pieces of grilled and three pieces of beer-battered Vegan fish and chips. Their Vegan Laksa is very spicy, filling and the perfect thing for a chilly day though it might be good to ask for mild if you aren’t good at handling heat. It is filled with delicious laksa broth, noodles, beansprouts, sweet potato, potato, tofu and some grilled Vegan fish so it is best to eat it by itself. If you’re looking for a quick bite to eat, go for the beer-battered Vegan Fish Burger :).
- Grilled or Beer-battered Vegan Fish & Chips
- Grilled or Beer-battered Vegan Fish Burger (includes two pieces of Vegan fish, tomato, lettuce, cucumber, and Spanish onion)
- Vegan Laksa (In house laksa broth with sweet potato, potato, tofu and some grilled Vegan fish) – Good to ask for mild if you aren’t good at handling heat 🙂
- Vegan hot chips
- Vegan Chat potato wedges (wasabi salt optional)
- Vegan hand cut sweet potato chips
- Vegan Green leaf or Asian salad
- Vegan Mushrooms (beer battered or tempura)
- Vegan potato scallops
If you are on a computer, click here to get the latest Vegan ACT facebook group goss on The Fish Shack.