Adapted from Japanese Agar Packet by Jyoti Dambiec
A light and refreshing Japanese dessert.
Cook Time: 5 mins
Serves: Makes 15 small moulds
2 grams agar-agar powder
200 mls water
100 mls coconut milk
30 g sugar
Vanilla essence , optional
Some fruit e.g. berries, fresh mango pieces, cherries
- Put cold water and agar-agar powder in a saucepan.
- Stir and bring it to boil. Turn heat down and keep it boiling for 1-2 mins.
- Take it off the heat and add coconut milk and sugar.
- Cut fruit into small pieces and place them in container.
- Pour agar-agar/coconut milk mixture into the container.
- Cool in fridge until it sets.
Nice made in small moulds. I made 3x recipe and changed quantities a little to use the whole tin of coconut milk; 400 mls tin of coconut milk, 500 mls water, 90 g sugar, 6 grams agar-agar.