Recipe by Jyoti Dambiec
There is so much to tell about this life lengthening drink. These are
only a few of the wonderful benefits.
- Fermented food is filled with enzymes. Rejuvelac is THE enzyme drink!
- Enzymes are life lengthening!
- The pro-biotics help the process of fermentation in foods so yes, you can make your own nut cheese and yoghurt easily
- Rejuvelac is a pre-digested food. This means that proteins are broken down into amino acids and carbohydrates into simple sugars. All nutrients are assimilated very soon after drinking without loss of energy.
- Drinking rejuvelac helps digestion and is a very effective cure for stomach and colon problems.
- Use Rejuvelac instead of water in your smoothies and drink some glasses in between meals to cleanse your colon, flush your system and to gain energy.
- Rejuvelac is a natural pro-biotic: the enzymes help the friendly bacteria such as lactobacillus bifidus to grow.
- Your colon becomes cleaner by drinking rejuvelac every day: it prevents sludge to collect on the colon walls.
- The cleaner your colon, the less chance diseases will arise and the healthier you will be.
- Rejuvelac is a rich source of B vitamins, vitamine E and K.
- And last but not least: it is very easy and cheap to make!
- 1 C of wheat berries
- Soak one cup of wheat berries overnight, covered with pure water
- Next morning: drain and rinse
- Turn the jar upside down on one side so all the water can drip out and the berries get fresh air
- Rinse the berries 2 or 3 times a day for about two days
- When a little ‘tail’ appears, they are ready!
- Then add about 2 litres of pure water
- Cover top with mesh, as for sprouts and let it sit in a cool dark place
- If it is hot, check in every day and have a taste; if it is tart it is ready. If not, let it sit another day.
- When it’s ready it will be cloudy and bubbles will appear. If it starts to smell unpleasant and get foamy, then it’s gone too far. After two to three days, pour off the rejuvelac through a sieve into bottles; they keep well for two weeks in a refrigerator
Rejuvelac is a great starter for making cashew nut cheese.