Where: 3/116 Hardwick Crescent Holt ACT 2615
Vegan Friendly Entrees:
- Bhajiya: Spinach and onion fritters in a chickpea flour batter, deep-fried and served with chutney (4 per serve)
- Bara: Spiced ground chickpeas patties, deep-fried and served with chutney (4 per serve)
Vegan Friendly Mains (as pictured):
- Pumpkin curry: Pumpkin pieces slow-cooked with spices to a soft mash
- Aloo baigan chana: Potatoes, eggplant and chickpeas cooked in aromatic spices blended with tomatoes and coriander
- Rourou: Spinach cooked in spicy coconut milk
- Ghobhi: Cabbage cooked in tomatoes
- Aloo fry: Diced potatoes lightly fried with onions, spices and coriander
- Khattar: Jackfruit lightly fried with onions and spices
- Bean Fry: Dried french bean lightly fried with onions and spices
- Dhal: Lentil stew with fresh vegatables, finished with tempered onion, garlic, mustard seeds
- Vegetable Palau: Rice Cooked with vegetables and spices
- Bhindi: Okra lightly fried with onions and spices
Review Written by Michelle and Gareth
We went along to Kippax Curry House to see what vegan options were available, and we were met with the most friendly, knowledgeable staff we could have hoped for! We were so enthusiastic, they said they would create a post with all the vegan mains available so we could share.
Check these guys out, the food is excellent and unique, the range is bigger than most and they were just so accommodating! Just let them know you’re vegan, and they’ll run through any other options (like entrees) they have for you.
They took us through every vegetarian option on the menu and offered to alter any item to suit us if it needed to be. A few items were made completely from scratch to suit our needs, all within 20 minutes. To cap it off, every dish was delicious and unique, especially for a restaurant in the suburbs. The fit-out is thoughtful and modern too, and it would make an excellent venue for a dinner for a small or large group. We are so impressed with this little gem, we are definitely going to visit again soon. Thanks Kippax Curry House!