Source: Sunday Telegraph, circa 2014
Added by Francine
This recipe is easy and tasty.
Serves 4. 14g protein per serve
- 800g pumpkin, peeled, seeded, cut into 1.5cm cubes
- 1 tsp finely grated ginger
- Olive oil spray
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbs olive oil
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ¼ cup pepitas
- 100g trimmed kale leaves, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 180oC.
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
Place the pumpkin on the prepared tray, spray with olive oil and roast for 30-40 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook the onion, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the garlic, ginger, coriander and turmeric and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the quinoa and 2 cups of water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes, or until the water has evaporated and the quinoa is al dente.
- Stir through the kale until just wilted, then gently stir through the roasted pumpkin and pepitas. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to serve.