Compiled by Rowena
Although I’ve not yet been, there seems to be quite a bit of buzz about Coffee Lab on the Vegan ACT facebook group so I decided to compile the comments. See end for menu :).
Maddie Haslam: Went to coffee lab in the city today and was really impressed with all the vegan options! I had the oats something that has the strawberry purée and oh my gosh, it was soooo yummy!!! 😍😍 I highly recommend their food and coffee! The staff were super lovely aswell!! No photo because I gobbled it up too fast!!
Halcyon Window: Hey guys. If you haven’t already then go check out Coffee Lab in the city. Great coffee, they use Bonsoy, I didn’t ask about other Mylks but they used almond milk in my oats (freaking amazing btw) so possibly have it for coffee too [Confirmed]. They have 5 vegan options in the menu. I’m having the oats now and its delicious!! End rant<3
Gabb Carr: Julian and I went to Coffee Lab for a late breakfast this morning. Super delicious! It’s near the Tax Office on Narellan St in Civic. I can’t remember the names of the dishes, but the mushroom one [The First Frost] was my fave (definitely use the lemon with it, that acidity helps cut through mushrooms a little and make it 100X better). And we had a sesame seed crusted avocado one (that was replacing the ‘Healthy something something’ dish) was awesome with a kick of chilli and splash of lime. Fantastic coffee plus super friendly and helpful staff. They make you feel like a regular even if you’ve never been before! Highly recommended!
Amy Victoria: Hi all. Thanks to whoever posted with the coffee lab’s menu. I had lunch there and it was fantastic! So many vegan options, great coffee, good service and no issues with breastfeeding. Oh and very comfy lounge seating which was great for the latter (I love you sweet bones but those chairs are ouchy). Anyway highly recommend if you’re in civic and don’t have time to get to sweet bones 😊’
If you are on a computer, click here to see the latest goss about Coffee Lab on the Vegan ACT Group.
Menu (from photo taken by Steph Gorman)
They have some always vegan and some ‘vegan options’. I suggest you ask for avocado or mushrooms instead of the animal products rather than leaving them off as you are paying for a missing ingredient and if enough people ask for it, they may decide to make that menu item always Vegan.
All Day Breakfast:
- Toast served with jam, vegemite or peanut butter
- Oats Overboard (always Vegan): Chia, oats & sultanas soaked in almond milk & blueberry juice served with strawberries, stone fruit salsa, flaked almonds and passion fruit
- Heaps Healthy (ask for Vegan): Hummus stuffed piquilos peppers, house pickles, alfalfa, spices, lemon and EVO
- The First Frost (ask for Vegan): Roast field mushroom topped with sauteed wild mushrooms, rosemary, thyme & garlic on multigrain toast with zucchini ribbons, alfalfa & lemon
- Lil Italy (ask for Vegan): Confit garilc smashed into multigrain toast with lightly pickled hairloom cherry tomatoes, torn basil and garlic chips
- Stoners Delight (always Vegan): Caramelised stone fruit, heirloom tomatoes, collard greens, spanish onion, fresh corn, charred bread, cervil & cashew cream
- Rainbow Salad (ask for Vegan): Cherry tomatoes, red grapes, quinoa, corn, pepitas, basil, onion, spinach and pink goddess dressing