Recipe by: her.be.laur
Description: Quick, easy, tasty, nutritious, & flexible
Ingredients: 1 cup Quinoa, 1 1/4 cup Water (optional: use 3/4 cup water and 1/2 cup veggie stock), 1/4 Butternut pumpkin, 1 Red capsicum, 2 cups Spinach, 30g pinenuts, 30g Pistachios, 2tbsp vegan mayonaise or cheese spread or dressing
1. Preheat oven to 180’C
2. Cut pumpkin and capsicum into 1-2cm cubes
3. Place cubed veggies on baking tray lined with baking paper — put in pre-heated oven for 20-30 mins (may need a bit longer if not fan-forced)
3. Rinse and cook quinoa as per package instructions (optional: add veggie stock for additional flavour)
4. Rinse and drain fresh spinach
5. When veggies and quinoa are ready (and still hot), mix together with spinach in a bowl (the heat/moisture will help to wilt the spinach)
6. Add nuts and sauce
7. Mix well
8. Eat while still warm, or pop in the fridge for later.
NOTES: The beauty of salads is that you can increase or replace the grain, the veggies, the nuts, or the dressing (anything really) to your taste.