A delicious vegan version of this popular Mexican food. This is a very simple meal which you could whip up using spicy tomato salsa and vegan cheese from the shop. But that’s not how we make it in our house 🙂 This Quesadilla has home made tomatillo/tomato/fresh ginger and hickory smoke salsa, home-made cultured meltable cashew cheddar and home-grown potatoes and roasted pumpkin along with roasted aubergine, capsicum and zucchini.
See the NOTES section for salsa and cashew cheese recipes.
- Tomato salsa
- Roasted vegetables
- Vegan Cheese
1. Layer vegetables on half a tortilla.
2. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
3. Spoon salsa over.
4. Fold the tortilla in half.
5. Lightly pan-fry the Quesadilla on both sides with a little oil. I use rice bran oil for cooking which has a high heating temperature. Alternatively cook in a sandwich grill.
6. Cut into triangles and serve.