Amazing creation by Steffi Linton adapted from: Easy Vegan Peanut Butter Frosting Recipe & The BEST chocolate cake ever…that happens to be VEGAN. I kid you not!
These recipes made 7 large cupcakes. the icing is enough for more though, unless you like a ratio of almost half cake half icing like me hehe 😀
- 1 1/4 cups wholemeal flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup vegan choc chips
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup rice bran oil
- 1 tsp distilled white or apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Mix together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt with a fork, making sure it is really blended together.
- Add the water, vanilla, oil, and vinegar, and again, mix together so that it’s really blended together.
- Use a spatula to scrape down the sides if necessary.
- Pour into cupcake cases on an oven tray.
- Place in oven and bake for about 30 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean. Cool on a rack completely (2 hours).
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (at room temperature is best)
- 1/2 cup nuttelex
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp Bonsoy soy milk (or any other non-dairy milk, but soy milk or coconut milk is best in this recipe)
- handfull of crushed peanuts and cacao nibs to sprinkle on top
- First, whisk together or blend together using a mixer all of the ingredients until smooth and creamy, adding more or less soy milk to achieve the desired consistency. Careful, though, as you don’t want to add extra soy milk too soon.
- Add just a 1/2 teaspoon or so at a time, otherwise you run the risk of your frosting getting too thin and runny.
- Spread on top off cupcakes and sprinkle with crushed peanuts and cacao nibs.
Also, you might want to stick the peanut butter in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds or so, in order to make it easier to work with.
This homemade peanut butter frosting is perfect for a vegan cake or cupcakes.