This is so easy. You can cook it dry and use it as nibblies or keep it a bit moist and have with other curries and rice. Serves 4-6
- 2 cans chickpeas
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 teas salt
- 1 teas ground black pepper
- 2 teas ground cumin
- 1 teas chilli powder
- 1/2 teas ground turmeric
- 1/2 teas ground coriander
- 1/4 teas garlic powder
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- some chopped coriander leaves
- Drain the chickpeas.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion until soft and turning brown.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except the fresh coriander) and stir for about 3 mins over a medium heat.
- Take care not to burn – add a little water if necessary.
- Turn into a bowl, garnish with the chopped coriander and serve.